Employment process for general foreigners
Write and send the list of foreigner job applicants
Sign a standard labor contract
Conduct a prior employment education
Conduct an immigration and employment education
Allocate a foreign worker to a work site
Change of a workplace of a foreign worker
- It is a rule that a foreign worker continues to work at a business he or she began working.
- However, if it is acknowledged that it is difficult to continue a normal labor relation due to temporary or permanent closing of the business, disbursement of wage, etc. then change of a workplace is allowed up to 3 times to guarantee basic human rights of the foreign worker.
Reason for transfer (change) of a workplace of a foreign worker
- When the employer terminates the employment contract or rejects renewal of the contract for a valid reason.
- When the foreign worker is no longer able to work at the workplace for reasons not owning to that person such as temporary or permanent closing of the business
- When cancellation or restriction of employment of a foreigner has been given due to reasons of human rights abuse like assault, disbursement of wage, decreased working condition, etc.
- When a person can no longer work at the corresponding workplace due to an injury, etc. but can work at other workplace.
- A person who disturbs the change of work or a workplace of a foreign worker may face up to 1 year of imprisonment or KRW 10 million of fine.
Job seeking method in case of termination and change of employment for a foreign worker
- Once the employment relationship with the employer ends, the foreign worker must submit the application of change of workplace to the employment center to carry out job-seeking
- The valid period for application of change of workplace is 1 month after resignation and the valid period for finding a job is 3 months. If a person fails to find a new workplace within 3 months, he or she must leave Korea.
※ A person other than those who work at the employment center shall not intervene in selection, recommendation or other employment activities of a foreign worker. In case of violation, the person may face up to 1 year of imprisonment or KRW 10 million of fine.(Article 29 of Foreign Workers Employment Act)